JOIN A UNIQUE URBAN FARM TEAM IN NYC
In downtown Manhattan, Farm.One grows rare, hard-to-find varieties of herbs, greens, microgreens and edible flowers to order for only the best restaurants in NYC. We love growing amazing rare food and sharing it with the world.
Uniquely placed within the Institute of Culinary Education and a larger production space in TriBeCa, we grow over 150 varieties, introducing novel flavors to even three-Michelin-starred chefs. Farm.One grows in a compact, completely clean, controlled indoor environment with color-enriching LED lights, hydroponics and a careful chef's touch. Find out more about Farm.One
Farm hands carry out plant maintenance, harvesting and packing tasks on our indoor farm. Occasionally you will be asked to do deliveries. This is a FAST-PACED and MANUAL job for someone who can HUSTLE. You must be willing and able to perform quickly and accurately, and work hard. We will only accept serious candidates who are looking to stay in this position for at least 9 months.
- Planting, transplanting, harvesting, and packing of herbs and leafy vegetables.
- Following protocols related to food safety, specific plant propagation techniques, and data collection.
- Using an iPad with simple database software.
- Cleaning and sanitation of grow room, equipment, and packing station.
- Assisting in the organization of supplies and inventory.
- Performing nutrient and pH reservoir tests and applying adjustments.
- Monitoring plant health and checking for pests and diseases.
You must be able to satisfy all of the following requirements:
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand for a full 8 hour shift.
- Open availability for early mornings (ideally 6 or 7am).
- Bonus points if you are available to work weekends
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work with computer data collection and monitoring systems.
- Must be comfortable working indoors in warm heat/humidity conditions.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Must enjoy growing plants.
This is a Part-Time position with opportunities for advancement to Full-Time and increase in hourly pay as milestones are achieved.
- Lunch and reasonable travel expenses provided
- Within 225 Liberty Street, and a new location in TriBeCa (just a few minutes walk away)